The MSMS Counseling Office is located in the Hooper Science Building and is open daily from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm and by appointment. Dr. Ty Crook and Dr. Heath Stevens serve as the counselors, and Mrs. Kellie King serves as the Administrative Assistant and Registrar. Both counselors are available to assist students with any personal, peer, or academic concerns. Parents and students are encouraged to regularly visit this site to stay on track for a successful academic year.
Contact Mrs. King at 662-329-7678 to speak with one of our counselors; or if you are a college wanting to schedule a MSMS visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the CEEB code used by most testing agencies to send test scores to MSMS is 251409.
The vision of the MSMS School Counseling program is to provide a comprehensive developmental counseling program that ensures our students are high achieving and high performing learners who will graduate prepared to meet the challenges of our global society in the 21st century. In partnership with our stakeholders, MSMS school counselors facilitate and coordinate a multi-tiered program by engaging in advocacy, leadership, and collaboration to ensure that our students are successful, well rounded, life-long learners who will make a positive impact on our communities and state.
- All students at MSMS can achieve at the highest levels resulting in college and career success.
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- A team of stakeholders, including teachers, parents, students, counselors, community members and administrators, working together fosters greater achievement among students.
- Student success will come from a comprehensive school counseling program planned, managed, delivered, and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- The development of an effective school counseling program is data driven through evaluations, analysis, and implementation of goals.
The mission of the MSMS School Counseling Program is to enhance the future of Mississippi within our global society by fostering the academic, personal/social, and career development of gifted and talented students. Our focus is to prepare students within a residential environment with the skills, knowledge, and awareness needed for life-long success by providing a comprehensive developmental school counseling program that also serves as a model for impacting students across the state of Mississippi through leadership and outreach.
- To assess the academic, personal/social, and career needs of MSMS students in order to strategically plan and provide services that meet the needs of each student.
- To achieve the American School Counseling Association “Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP)” Award.